Toggle menu

Money and benefits

Benefits for carers

As a carer, you may be entitled to one or more state benefits to help you with the costs.

Disabled facilities grants

A Disabled Facility Grant can help pay for home improvements so you can get about easier and remain safe in your house or flat.

Personal Independence Payments

You might be able to get Personal Independence Payment (PIP) if you need extra help because of an illness, disability or mental health condition. You can make a PIP claim whether or not you get help from anyone.

Budgeting and saving

Advice on running a bank account, planning your finances, and cutting costs.

Work and redundancy

Advice on understanding your employment rights, what in-work benefits you might be entitled to and how to handle redundancy

Crisis support

We may be able to refer you to Foodbank for crisis support and they might be able to help you with food, clothes for job interviews, budgeting support and advice on your individual situation.

Housing benefits

Housing Benefit can help you to pay your rent if you are unemployed, on a low income or claiming benefits.

Council tax support

Council Tax Support is a local means tested scheme for people on low incomes to help them pay their council tax. Any owner-occupier or tenant aged 18 or over who is legally responsible for the council tax can claim Council Tax Support.

Income tax

Income Tax is a tax you pay on your income. You do not have to pay tax on all types of income.

Benefit payments

Benefits are usually paid straight into your bank, building society or credit union account.

Childcare grants

The Government can help with childcare costs for parents. Whether you have toddlers or teens, you could get support.

Help paying your bills

Dealing with money issues can sometimes be off-putting, but if you don't understand how things like credit or mortgages work, you could end up losing out financially or getting yourself deep in debt.


There are various options that exist to help you deal with your debt problems. These include bankruptcy, debt relief orders, debt management plans, administration orders, debt consolidation and Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs).

Cost of living support

If you're struggling with increased food and energy bills, you are not alone. Help is available.

Income maximisation, debt and benefits directory

In this section, you will find links to services and organisations that can help ensure you maximise your income, claim the benefits that you're entitled to, and help manage any debt that you might have.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email