Income Tax is a tax you pay on your income. You do not have to pay tax on all types of income.
You pay tax on things like:
- money you earn from employment
- profits you make if you're self-employed - including from services you sell through websites or apps
- some state benefits
- most pensions, including state pensions, company and personal pensions and retirement annuities
- rental income (unless you're a live-in landlord and get less than the rent a room limit)
- benefits you get from your job
- income from a trust
- interest on savings over your savings allowance
You do not pay tax on things like:
For more information about Income Tax please view the GOV.UK website.