Buy with Confidence
If you have the funds to make improvements to your property then Plymouth City Council can help you find a local approved trader through the Buy with Confidence scheme.
Every business listed has undergone a series of checks before being approved as a member of the scheme.
Visit the Buy with Confidence Plymouth page to search for an approved trader.
Maintaining your home will
- maintain or increase the value of your home
- prevent damage and expensive repair bills
- save energy and reduce your running costs
- increase your security, safety and comfort
Simple home maintenance tips
- Keep gutters and down-pipes free from leaves and debris
- Replace any loose or missing roof slates/tiles
- Keep roof flashings in good condition
- Keep air bricks and sub-floor ventilation clear
- Regularly service gas appliances by a qualified gas engineer
- Check electrical wiring every five years by a qualified electrician
- Ensure doors and windows are secure
- Ensure the outside ground level isn't higher than the damp proof course
- Ensure loft insulation is adequate and roof space is ventilated
- Never pour fat or oil down drains or flush used nappies down the toilet