Toggle menu

Caring for other people

Do you look after someone?

You are a carer if you provide (unpaid) support and care for someone who has an illness, disability, mental health problem or addiction. Carers can provide all sorts of emotional and practical support.

Unpaid carers play a vital role in supporting the needs of some of the most vulnerable people in Plymouth.

Whether you care for an adult, a parent looking after a young person with additional needs or maybe you're a young carer who looks after someone in their family there is help and support available for you.

Remember - if you are struggling you are not alone. There is no shame in asking for help. Everyone needs a little bit of extra support at some point in their lives.


Plymouth's Carers of Friends and Family

The homepage for Plymouth's Carers of Friends and Family with links to useful information and documents. Includes how to register as a carer.

View page (Go to Plymouth's Carers of Friends and Family)

Young Carers Support Hub

Plymouth's Young Carers Support Hub provides useful information and links to help our Young Carers provide amazing support to their friends, family and relatives.

View page (Go to Young Carers Support Hub)

Help for parent carers of disabled children

If you're over 18 and looking after a disabled child that you have parental responsibility for, you can ask the council for a parent carer's needs assessment.

View page (Go to Help for parent carers of disabled children)

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email